Friday, March 15, 2013

No One Sees Me, Woody Guthrie tribute song. Homeless / Poor / 99%. (VIDEO)







No One Sees Me (lyrics)
Hey buddy, can you spare some change? E
For a friend in need A E
Hey brother, can you feel my pain? E
Good luck, goodbye, and Godspeed AE
I was once like you, B7
Yeah, it's true, B7
But now I'm poor A
And no one sees me anymore B7 E
Hey Sister, will you lend a hand
To help a good man up?
I'm looking for a place to land
And there's nothing in my cup
I was once like you,
Yeah, it's true,
But now I'm poor
And no one sees me anymore
A few months ago, I had a home F#m
A family, and good work, A E
My clothes were clean and my hair was combed F#m
And my eyes I would avert A E
When I saw the beggar coming B7
When I heard the drummer drumming A
When I saw what I might becoming B7
I was once like you, A
Yeah, it's true, A
And now I'm poor B7
And no one sees me anymore B7 E
And now I'm poor B7
And no one sees me anymore B7 E

Inspired by David Sleppy book: No One Sees Me
Copyright 2013 John Lopker. All Rights Reserved.




No comments: