Sunday, January 11, 2009

Gaza death toll reaches 854 as Israel intensifies offensive

####

Shortly before the end of the 15th day of Israeli air and ground offensive, the Israeli warplanes and tanks intensified on Saturday night strikes on different targets in the Gaza Strip, and the death toll has reached 854, witnesses and medics said.

Gaza emergency chief Mo'aweya Hassanein told reporters the death toll since the beginning of offensive on Dec. 27 has mounted to 854 people after discovering the bodies of 18 people under destroyed houses rubbles all-over the Gaza Strip.


**********************

(According to the UN about 300 of these are CHILDREN. The genocide continues. Never again?)



####

2 comments:

intelliwench said...

Well. I had been wondering if you would suffer from lack of subject matter in the post-Bush days ahead, but I see that's not going to be the case. The news just gets more and more distressing.
(PS - do you upload posts in your sleep? Just wondering :-)

Chimp said...

I wondered also but I now find that even Obama is already working more for lobbyists and not exclusively for the American people. I still feel he will do more for the average citizen than a Republican replacement for Bush. Bush just took it away from us and hopefully Obama will give some back to us. I do develop ideas in my sleep.