Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Why Sears Is On Its Last Legs - My Experience





By Chimp

I have tried shopping at Sears at Tyrone Mall in St. Petersburg, Florida for the past few weeks without success.  I swear, they don't want my money!

In this 2-story Sears inside the mall, they have only 2 cash registers open.  One at the entrance from the inner mall and another in the back in the children's department. 

Even if you buy something on the second floor, you have to take it down to one of those 2 counters. 

The last couple of times there were lines of over 5 persons  (while clerks are asking shoppers for their phone numbers and e-mail addresses).  Those 2 other times, I waited and saw very slow progress and had to leave without making a purchase.

One time, I thought I was being smart, I went to the jewelry counter where a lady was sitting on a stool with nothing to do. She told me she couldn't help me.

Today, I took my items to the children's department cashier with only one person ahead of me.

I paid the total of $72 and change with my debit card and said "No, I don't have one" when the cashier asked for my phone number and e-mail address.

She put everything in a very tight skimpy looking plastic bag and  I said, "Would you please double bag the items as I have to ride 2 buses and I'm afraid the bag may rip?"

The clerk said, "No, security does not allow us to double bag."

I then asked her to refund my purchase.

She gave it one more try and called security and told them my story.

She then said, "Security said no."

She then asked if I wanted the refund in cash or credited back to my debit card.  I said to my debit card.

She then called a supervisor.  The Supervisor asked me the same question,  "Refund in cash or to my debit card?"  I said to my debit card.  She said the refund would take 2 weeks to appear on my card. 

I then said, "Give me cash." 

She did and I WILL NEVER RETURN TO SEARS, UNTIL THEY ARE HAVING A BANKRUPTCY SALES!!!



No comments: