Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Garlic Farts Story

~









Last week, I awoke with a sore throat and from prior experience I worried it would eventually turn into a chest cold and walking pneumonia.

I drank green tea with honey and lemon all day. I took thousands of milligrams of Ester C all day. I chewed on strong honey-lemon lozenges. By the time I got home from work that evening, the sore throat was worse.

I remembered I had some fresh garlic in the fridge and cans of chicken broth. I boiled about 15 garlic cloves for about 15 minutes in the broth with some black pepper added. I ate and drank the mixture and went to bed.

When I awoke the following morning, the sore throat was completely gone. Then, I started to fart. The farts had an extreme garlic smell. I mean strong! Outside of the farts, I did not notice if I smelled of garlic. Later, I learned at work that I wretched of garlic smell. The sore throat did not return. The garlic-smelling farts disappeared in 24 hours.






~

7 comments:

Sunny said...

so this is why I cough when you are talking!
Oh and you were told not only at work, but at home about the garlic odor.

Personally I like Garlic in foods and the smell is okay IF we don't over-inject it !!
15 garlic cloves? LOL !

Sunny said...

OOPS, sorry for typo! I meant injest it, not "inject it"

Chimp said...

I do have a tendency to overdo stuff. Don't I?

Buy one fart, get two free!!!

Chimp said...

Inject? A garlic junkie?

Sunny said...

Yes, you sure do ! ROTFLMBO !!
Haha at your "garlic junkie"

Sunny said...

This is still funny, thanks for sending it to me, as I had forgot ...

wow 2011 ? does not seem that long ago, anyway.....

you have hit upon your own "cure" which one can

tolerate the garlic and the farts, to get well.

Garlic is, afterall, a natural antibiotic !

Chimp said...

Hi Sunny! So how many jars of Garlic Farts can I put you down for?